Our mission at Ocker Hill Academy reflects a passionate commitment to providing children with a safe and dynamic learning experience. Driven by a desire to offer the best possible education, all children have access to a broad and balanced curriculum where they are encouraged to think deeply in lessons and taught knowledge-based objectives and skills as building blocks for life. Learning is underpinned by strong formative assessment principles. Pupils understand, and celebrate, what they do well and where their next steps in learning lie preparing them to be successful, knowledgeable and responsible citizens for the future.
At Ocker Hill Academy, all governors, teachers, support staff and parents are committed to working towards:
- Providing an environment where children feel safe, happy and secure.
- Providing children with equality of opportunity without prejudice.
- Building a curriculum with reading at the heart.
- Raising standards in literacy, (with particular focus on writing, spelling, grammar and punctuation) numeracy and science through the continuing development of high-quality teaching and learning.
- Inspiring a love of reading across all curriculum areas to build strong, independent readers who can read for purpose and pleasure.
- Ensure a broad and balanced curriculum for children of all abilities to experience and enjoy.
- Having high expectations of learning behaviour throughout the academy and wider community.
- Developing moral and social values, underpinned by British Values, within our learners.
- Maintaining consistent transition procedures and link with the feeder Infant School and all subsequent High Schools.
- Cultural Capital- Providing children with the essential knowledge they need to be educated citizens, helping to engender an appreciation of human creativity and achievement.